Jan 15, 2018

{Adventures}

  I yearn for a million tiny, lovely adventures of aesthetic. When I was younger, I imagined everything had to be frills and flounce to be beautiful (my clothing choices of this period reflect this, I was a walking cupcake). My understanding of beauty has grown, and now I love the simple paired with delicate and lovely. Once, I would have longed for a luxurious ball, now I wish for a Kinfolk tea party. Once I wanted pearls and flowers to cover me from head to toe, now I want to stand in a field of flowers in the golden hour wearing a simple white dress. I have a thousand simple wishes like that. I yearn for the next time I can sit by my window on a rainy day, writing poetry and marveling over the thousand subtle colors in a "colorless" day. I long for spring to come again, when I can go for walks, looking for new budding flowers to befriend. I love exploring antique shops, in their shadowy, dusty loveliness, and ponder the lives of the previous owners of each lovely thing I see. I love to sit on a cloudy beach, the silver waves dancing and frothing in the distance, the gull's melancholy plea for me to join them in the sky above. Sitting in a summer meadow, the warm sun breathing soft kisses on the tall, bleached grass and the tops of my shoulders. All these things I long for, and a thousand things besides. I suppose they are all things with "scope for the imagination" as our dear Anne Shirley would say. God has given us a million lovely things, and I'm so grateful for each one of them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment