Jan 11, 2018

{Being Lovely}


Via Pinterest
 Is beauty something we are merely born with? Is it bound only to face and form?

   I am a beauty loving soul. I look for it in everything around me. My art and poetry are feeble attempts at scratching out the faintest semblance of the effect beauty has on my soul. Its nearly impossible to get into words the sensation beauty gives me. Its like being in the ocean. I am at once conscious of the heaviness of the water, yet also of graceful weightlessness. That's how my soul feels: pinned under the weight of deep feeling, yet exalted and soaring at it's delights. There is truly nothing like it.

   When I was a girl, I believed I wasn't beautiful. It pained me deeply for many years. I wish I had known then what I do now. I cannot tell the girl I was, but I can tell you.

You may have a face that is called lovely, you may not. But I can tell you, without hesitation, that you are beautiful.

  • The way your eyes glow when you speak of the things most sacred to you...

  • The music you listen to on pale, drizzly mornings...

  • The gentle way you move when you wear something very dear...

  • The thrill of your heart when you give or receive a gesture of friendship...

  • The excitement you feel when you read your most treasured books...

  • The thousand varied facial expressions you make that reflect your unique soul...

  • The words you speak when you wish to ease a wounded soul...

  • The tiniest little things you collect, perhaps illogically, because they make your heart happy...

   All the little ways you express the music or poetry of your being...

  These are the things that make you truly lovely. No amount of cosmetics will make up for the lack of it. Moments of beauty, especially slow, deliberate moments of beauty, will do more then all the creams and globs of shine and shimmer you could ever buy. Cultivate these moments. Cultivate the unique beauties of your soul. Your Creator delights over them.

You are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment